In 2015, the Millenium Development Goals (MDG) will continue in a set of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). United Nations have initiated an intense process to define the SD Topics through Open Working Groups (OWG). Some of the goals proposed (Feb 2014) includes:
- The security of ecosystem services and biodiversity, and ensurance of good management of water, oceans, forests and natural resources;
- The improval of agriculture systems and raise rural prosperity;
- The transformation of governance and technologies for sustainable development.
The MDGs7 related to restoring a healthy environment find a major barrier related to the environmental degradation and poverty eradication. This Conference will provide opportunities for attendants to share their knowledge and expertise regarding the environmental challenges facing the Latin American Region, especially concerning natural resources, the sustainability of their cities, the sustainable land use, the cleaner production and other critical subjects. The technical program will consist of plenary lectures, oral and poster presentations, as well as discussions with scientists, policy planners, representatives from industry and NGO's. The main aim of this International Conference is to integrate research, technology and expertise in natural resources specifically related to sustainability and environment. This call is open to institutions and individuals concerned about our environment and natural resource management and willing to enhance the exchange of ideas and experience about future goals of a sustainable regional development in Latin America.
- Water management
- Sustainable cities and human settlements
- Disaster risk reduction
- Energy –generating innovation by applying alternative energy in rural areas
- Natural resources and sustainable development in the Sierra Madre Oriental (Mexico) and Mata Atlantica (Brazil)
- Agroforestry and climatic change
- Sustainable consumption and production in the industry
- Others related to the main theme of the conference
Official Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese.
Dates and deadlines
|Call for abstract opens||March 12, 2014|
|Deadline for online submission of abstract||July 1st, 2014|
|Acceptance of abstract and notification letters||July 15, 2014|
|Early registration||Until July 30, 2014|
|Regular (and on-site) registration||After July 30, 2014|
|Official opening of the conference||September 2, 2014|
|Closure||September 5, 2014|